Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
- The kiddos can get wet-We love the Irrigation Station and Princess Dot Splash Pad in the Flick's Fun Fair Area. It is the perfect spot on a hot spring/summer day.
- I hate waiting in line. I mean really who does?? I love that the attractions in Flick's Fun Fair have minimal waiting lines and are a big hit with my kiddos. They love every single ride - especially Flick's Fun Flyers.
- If your kids love the Disney Channel's cartoons then they will absolutely love The Playhouse Disney Show- my kids LOVE it!!
- Who loves Free stuff? I do- I do!! I love that you can get a fresh warm tortilla from the Mission Tortilla Factory tour and a sourdough taste from Boudin Bakery.My kids love the fresh tortillas and I'm not going to lie, so do I. Here's a little tip- on your birthday pick up a dozen free tortillas from the Mission Tortilla Factory. Just show them your birthday pin and you are set!
- They have an amazing baby center. Not as big as Disneyland's but still great.
- DCA is home to Disney's Electrical Parade. Love it. It's new and improved and a must see!!
- They are home to three amazing shows that your kiddos will love-MuppetVison 3D, It's tough to be a bug and Aladdin.
- In my opinion, DCA is home to one of the BEST(if not the best!!) attractions in the Disneyland Resort, Toy Story Mania.
- They have a pretty spiffy Ferris Wheel. You can either pick a gondola that moves or is stationary.
- I love that I can park in the Downtown Disney lot ( free for 3 hours)- walk over to the DCA entrance at the Grand Californian Hotel in Downtown Disney(next to Sephora) , spend a couple of hours there and then I don't have to deal with taking a tram back to the parking lot. I love love that I can do this, especially on a crowded day.
DCA is in the middle of a major expansion - which includes a new water show, a Little Mermaid Ride and sure to be a big hit with my son- A thrill ride- featuring the characters from CARS!! The expansion should be complete by 2012.
There are so many other things I love about DCA but I tried to limit myself to my favorite 10. Next time that you are heading over to the Disneyland Resort make sure to show DCA some love ! It deserves it!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
- Head over to kidsbowlfree.com-
- Select a bowling center near you.
- Register directly on the bowling center page (The registration is valid only at the bowling center where you register and cannot be used at any other bowling center unless otherwise noted.)
- Once you register, you will have the opportunity to purchase the family pass. You don't have to but it is a really good deal!!The Family Pass was created to allow for adult family members to enjoy bowling throughout the summer as well. The Family Pass starts from $23.95 and includes 2 games per person per day. The Family Pass covers up to 4 adult family members. You may have 1, 2, 3, or 4 adults on the family pass. The one-time payment covers up to 4 adults for the entire summer.After your registration we will send you two (2) emails.The first email is a welcome email and contains your account information.
- The second email is very important. This email does not contain coupons, but you will need to click the link confirming your subscription to the service If you do not click the link, the system will not send your weekly coupons to you.You will receive an email every Sunday morning that contains a link to your coupons and family passes for that week. It is not required that you view the email to print your coupons.
I think my oldest might be ready to bowl her first game- we are going to check this out this week
Friday, June 26, 2009
This annual event will take place on Belmont Memorial Pier in Long Beach. On Saturday there will be a real Pirate Ship attacking the Pier, which will be defended by local citizens. The pirate attack will of course feature pirates, cannons and sword fights galore. A limited number of Pirate ship rides will be available. There will be a kids treasure hunt, a pirate costume contest, and a beach funzone. Sunday will feature plenty of music and good times. The best part is that this is a free event
June 27th & 28th, 2009 11:00am to 7:00pmBelmont Memorial Pier 15 39th place Long Beach You can find more information about this here
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
My family loves to visit Disneyland/DCA often and yes we are a bit crazy, even in the busy summer season. I've picked up a thing or two from my many visits to the parks on hot summer days. Here are some of the things I've learned to stay cool at the parks on sweltering days.
- During peak times I try to avoid waiting in line for any attraction. This is the time when we usually head to catch a show. A favorite of our family is the Enchanted Tiki Room- Nice and cool and a great way to sit back and relax. Other great ones- Honey I shrunk the audience, Bug's life @ DCA.
- We always take a ride on the Disneyland Train to check out how busy the park is and judge from there. It's also a great way to cool down and I've been known to take it two or three times around the park on a hot summer day. If you have heavy sleepers like I do- great place to let them take a nap.
- Pack a swimsuit for the kids and head over to the irrigation station at Disney's California Adventure. Let the kids run around at Princess Dot Puddle Station. Make sure to pack towels and an extra set of clothes because the kiddos will get soaked!!
- Keep hydrated- If you can ,bring a bottle or two of water. I usually freeze mine the night before and throw them in a Ziploc bag- I pack them in at the bottom of my bag and they have been a lifesaver!!
- If your tots are tired and need a nap- head over to the seating area in the Hungry Bear Restaurant. It's located in Critter Country. I always head towards the back, grab a little something to eat and enjoy the shade while watching the Mark Twain go by. It's always nice and cool. Usually my youngest falls asleep in the stroller. It's a perfect spot and way relaxing.
- Make sure to pack a jacket /sweater/blanket. - I've left home without one thinking that there was no possible way that I would be cold on a summer day. Boy was I wrong!! The nights cool off and there is nothing worse than shelling out $50.00 for a sweatshirt because your four year old is cold. Trust me on this one!!
- Take advantage of the Baby Center if you have little ones. It's a great place to feed the teeny ones and I have even rocked both of my babies to sleep here. Best part- super cool in there!!
- Peak times are from 2-4pm at both parks. This is the best time to grab a bite to eat and not have to fight for a table.
- Head to rides that have the least waiting time. Top of our list-all in Adventureland/New Orleans Square- Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, taking a stroll on the Mark Twain and of course a ride on the Disneyland train.
- Enjoy yourself and remember to take it easy and have fun!!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Space is limited to the first 15 families so go to http://www.southcountylg.com/upcoming_events.htm or call (949) 940-8887. One lucky family will even win a day at
831 Via Suerte,
Join South Orange County estate planning attorney Peter Sahin, for a FREE workshop for parents that will show you the 9 practical steps every parent needs to know to protect your children. This workshop is fun and informative and you will get to relax while your kids have fun and play.
Space is limited to the first 15 families so go to www. read more
Price: Free with Reservation
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
|$6.00||Senior one-day (65 yrs & up)|
|$3.00||Child one-day (6-12 yrs)|
|Free||Age 5 yrs & younger|